For proximity to the Service Windows, the following Faculties/Divisions are grouped as follows:
- Arts, Management Sciences and Social Sciences
- Education, Law and Agriculture
- Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Medical College and School of Pharmacy
- Health Services
- Physical Planning, Academic Planning and Works Department
- Ekehuan Campus
- Students Affairs (including Halls of Residences), Postgraduate School and Alumni Relations
- Exams and Records, Central Record Processing Unit (CRPU), Senate Matters and Admissions Office
- Bursary and Audit Departments
- Registry and Vice Chancellor Office (VCO).
We provide quality teaching, community service and multi-disciplinary research leading to the award of certificates and degrees in the following fields of human endeavor:
- Agricultural Science(Agricultural Economics and Extension Services, Animal Science,Crop Science,Fisheries,Forestry and Wild Life and Soil Science)
- Art( English and Literature,Fine and Applied Arts, Foreign Languages, History,International Studies & Diplomacy,Linguistics & African Languages,Theatre Arts,Mass Communication,Philosophy,Religious Studies.)
- Basic Medical Science( Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Laboratory Sciences,Nursing)
- Education( Adult and Non-Formal Education, Educational Studies and Management, Educational Psychology and Curriculum Studies, Environmental Education and Human Kinetics, Vocational and Technical Education, Social Work, Early Childhood Education,Mathematics Education, Physical and Health Education)
- Engineering( Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering, Computer Engineering)
- Life Sciences(Science Laboratory Technology,Biochemistry, Plant Biology and Biotechnology, Animal and Environmental Biology)
Social Sciences (Accounting, Business Administration,Banking and Finance
- Physical Science (Microbiology, Chemistry,Industrial Chemistry,Geology, Mathematics,Industrial Mathematics, Mathematics and Economics,Computer Science, Statistics with Computer Science Physics, Industrial Physics)
- Management Science( Entrepreneurial Studies,Library and Information Service,Economics and Statistics,Geography and Regional Planning, Political Science and Public Administration,Local Government Management, Sociology and Anthropology
- And others( Health Administration and Management, Primary Health Care and Statistics, Early Child, Care and Development, Maternal and Child Health, Nursing Administration and Management, Postgraduate Studies.)
MONITORING OF PERFORMANCE:
The University of Benin will monitor our performance against the Service Charter through the following means:
- Bi-monthly collation and analysis of complaints and feedback.
- Monthly Performance Appraisal (MPA) Meetings of the local service frontlines.
- Quarterly Performance Appraisal (QPA) meetings of the SERVICOM Committee and the Focal Officer.
We are also committed to providing the following services in a “timely, fair, honest, effective and transparent manner” in line with SERVICOM Principles:
- Create an academic environment which is stimulating, challenging and conducive for effective teaching, learning and research.
- Provide courteous, prompt and quality service to every student, listen to their complaints and take appropriate actions as stipulated in our complaint policy.
- Provide and maintain lecture halls, hall of residence, theatres, laboratories and libraries for effective teaching and learning.
- Provide and maintain an ultra-modern Health Centre that provides 24 hours emergency services. Out-patient services commence at 8:00am and terminate at 4:00pm with average waiting time of two and a half hours.
- We aim to teach our students following the approved timetable and conduct credible examinations.
- We aim to release semester results within six(6) weeks after examination.
- Promote gender mainstreaming i.e the consistent use of gender sensitive perspectives at all stages of the development and implementation of policies, plans and programmes.
- Provide 24 hours unrestricted access to the Internet for the University Community at very moderate access charges and aim to resolve student on-line problems within forty eight (48) hours of receiving complaint.
- Process and dispatch academic transcripts within twenty five (25) working days of application. However, from 2012/2013 academic session, all graduating students’ transcript will be prepared and kept for immediate issuance on application.
- All certificate and diplomas will be ready for collection on the day of convocation.
- Promote and encourage Staff participation in Local and International Conferences, Seminars and Workshops to stimulate creative ability, innovativeness and adaptability.
- Provide and maintain sports facilities of international standard for recreation and hosting of competitions for the University Community and the general Public.
- Provide Primary and Secondary educational services of international standard for Staff and the general Public.
- All bonafide students who are qualified for accommodation will be given within one (1) month after resumption.
- Guarantee prompt mobilization of graduates for National Youth Service Corp immediately signals are received from the NYSC Secretariat.
- We guarantee the processing of valid staff claims within eleven (11) working days and valid contractors’ bills within sixteen (16) working days.
- Conduct orientation for fresh Students.
- All enquiries will be responded to within four (4) working days.
- Provide security services to ensure security of lives and property of members of the University Community and other Customers.
- Aim to run an uninterrupted Academic Calendar.
- Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (POST-UTME) and Post Direct Entry (POST-DE) results will be released one (1) week after the examinations.
- Provide for the needs of the socially and physically challenged Students in our Policies and Programmes.
- Provide quality products to the Local Community through the University Integrated Enterprises.
- Guarantee prompt opening of our offices by 8:00am (Monday – Friday).
REPORTING OF PERFORMANCE:
We will report our Performance by:
- Publishing Performance against Charter Commitment in the Annual Report.
- Publishing it on the University Website.